Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2014 Introduction - Meet the Beast

     If you’ve participated in the Barber Beast on the Bay before, you’ve probably given me a high-five, a fist bump, or a hug. Maybe you’ve taken a picture with me or seen me do a silly dance.
     Hi, I’m the Beast. I guess this would be the time to yell “RAWR” or growl, but really, I’m a lot more civilized than that.
     Let me take a brief moment to introduce myself. Though I’m green and scaly, I’m a lot like you. I like romantic dinners, movies, and long, grueling runs on the beach filled with plenty of obstacles. My favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast -- Belle, call me ;-)-- and my favorite song is T. Powell’s “I’m a Beast.” I’ll be cheering on the Seahawks in the Super Bowl to watch running back Marshawn Lynch go “Beast Mode.” Oh, and my favorite TV show? The Bachelor. No, I’m kidding, it’s “Feed the Beast” on the Travel Channel. Seriously, can’t you tell what theme we’re going with?
     But enough about me. Let’s talk about why you’re here. The Barber Beast on the Bay. Let’s say it with some enthusiasm: THE. BARBER. BEAST. ON. THE. BAY. Ten miles of adrenaline-pumping, Earth-shaking, my-God-my-legs-burn-but-I-can\'t-stop-now action. Located at Presque Isle State Park in Erie, Pa., the Barber Beast on the Bay offers a trek through sand, water, mud, and everything else the terrain has to offer – you might just say it’s the nature of the Beast.
     We also offer plenty of flexibility in our event. If you can’t do an obstacle, skip it. If you don’t want to do any obstacles, you technically don’t have to. We adapt to you, and we also adapt to everyone who wants to participate. We offer a special Maureen Riazzi Adaptive Course for individuals with mental and physical disabilities. It’s the only course of its kind that we know of, and I’ve put out a call to several of my other reptilian friends.
     We’ll be using this blog as another way to help you conquer the Beast. With guest appearances from local fitness fanatics and tips from me, we’ll be sure to have you ready to go come September 6. Just remember this: To be a Beast, you’ve gotta beat the Beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment